Last Updated: September 17, 2021
This policy has been developed to describe how we collect, use and disclose information about you when you use the website https://ipwhois.io/ and its services (“Website”).
This policy applies only to the information of users who use the Website and its services.
1. What data do we collect about you?
Information provided by the payment processing service
To access services and certain features of the Website, you need to create an account. You can sign up when subscribing to use our API, by providing the following data:
- Email address;
- Country and, if applicable, ZIP/ Postal code;
- Payment details (cardholder name, card number, and other details depending on method of payment);
- Name, address, VAT number of the company you represent (if applicable).
- Your email address, which will become your login for the account on the Website;
- Your first and last name.
Data provided by the user
When you contact our support through a feedback form, you can share information with us on the use of the Website, ask a question and provide your contact information if necessary (email).
Automatically collected data
Usage data is collected when you visit and use the Website, and may be stored in log files. This information may include IP address, browser type, operating system, and other information about your use of our Website, such as the pages you viewed, the time you viewed them, and the links you followed.
2. Applicable law and data transfer
We process your data in accordance with the rules provided by the personal data protection laws in the country (region) of your residence where we offer our services (“Applicable law”).
We do not share or disclose your personal data unless otherwise provided in this Policy.
We do not sell your data to any third parties.
3. On what basis and for what purposes we process your data
Execution of the contract
We process your data in order to fulfill the terms of the agreement (see Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use), under which we provide you access to the Website and its services. The specific purposes of data processing are indicated below:
- Creating an account required to use services and some features of the Website;
- Subscribing to use our API;
- Ensuring the operation of the Website, improving usability and performance, as well as tweaking and improving its individual features and services;
- Ensuring the security and confidentiality of your account and restricting access to it by third parties;
- Working with your requests and providing customer support.
We process your data based on your consent for the purposes of:Email newsletters or notifications, where consent may be given during the sign up process. Newsletters or notifications that may relate to updates, certain functions and features of the Website.
You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time by [email protected].
Compliance with legal obligations
We may share your information at the request of government agencies and officials when the applicable law requires us to comply with such requests.
Purposes related to our legitimate interests
We may use your data for the purposes of asserting, enforcing or defending legal claims (including lawsuits) or as part of the administration of justice by the courts. We may use your data for other purposes related to our legitimate interests as described in this Policy (see section 7 “Cloudflare”).
4. Where and how long we store your data
We might store user data on servers that are physically located in different countries, in accordance with Applicable law.
We take technical and organizational measures to ensure the safety of your data. Technical measures are aimed at protecting data from leaks, loss, distortion or unlawful access by others. Organizational measures allow us to restrict access to your data: only specially authorized employees have such access and only in cases where it is necessary for the processing purposes listed in the section 3 of this policy.
We have the right to keep your data for as long as required by the purposes of their processing listed in section 3 of this policy.
Specifically, we delete data after suspending your account or resolving your appeal if you contacted our support team without creating an account, unless the applicable law or our legitimate interests oblige us to retain your data for a longer period.
5. Your data rights
Right to access
You have the right to know whether we are processing your data and, if so, which data.
Most of the data that we have collected about you is available in your account.
ВFor more information contact us by email (see the “Contacts” section).
Right to data clarification
In your account’s settings you can also correct inaccurate information about yourself or complete information about yourself that is incomplete.
Right to erasure
You can request the deletion of your account and all related data by email (see the "Contacts" section).
Subject to Applicable Law, you may have other rights in respect of your personal data. To exercise any of your other rights under Applicable Law, you may contact Us via email (see the “Contacts” section). Upon verification of your identity, we will respond to your request as soon as possible, and in accordance with Applicable Law.
6. Payment processing and third party sites
Your payments are processed using Paddle. Paddle collects data directly from you. We do not collect, store or process payment data.
More information is available at the following link: https://paddle.com/privacy/
We use the “Cloudflare” service (https://www.cloudflare.com/) that offers a content delivery network with DNS available worldwide. As a result, the information transfer that occurs between your browser and the Website is technically routed via Cloudflare’s network. This enables Cloudflare to analyze data transactions between your browser and our Website and to work as a filter between our servers and potentially malicious data traffic from the Internet.
The use of Cloudflare is based on our legitimate interest in a provision of our website offerings that is as error free and secure as possible.
More information on Cloudflare’s security precautions and data privacy policies is available at the following links:
Cookies are text files stored in your browser to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit the Website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies - These cookies allow you to use features and services of the Website. For example, fulfilling your subscription and providing access to our API.
- Non-essential Cookies. They can be divided into 2 groups:
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies help remember choices you have made on the Website (that is why they are sometimes called “Preference Cookies”). For example, which language version of the Website you have chosen to use.
- Statistics. These Cookies are used to collect information about your browsing experience on the Website. None of this information can be used to identify you. These cookies may include cookies from third-party analytics services and can be used only by us to improve performance of the Website and learn more about our users.
Third party Cookies
We rely on third-party services to support and improve Our Website’s functionality. Such services might involve essential and non-essential Cookies.
Cookies from the following third-party service providers might be installed on your device or accessed by those providers while using the Website:
- Paddle - https://paddle.com/privacy/
- Google - https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Google Analytics - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en#zippy=%2Cour-privacy-policy
- Cloudflare - https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
You can opt-out collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
9. Children’s privacy
The Website is intended for an audience 16 years or older. We do not intentionally process data of persons under 16 years of age.
If you are under 16 years old, then you hereby confirm that you are using the Website with the knowledge and consent of your legal representative.
If we learn that we are inadvertently processing personal data of a person who is under the age of 16, we will immediately delete the associated account and take reasonable steps to delete that data as soon as possible. For any such questions, you can contact us by email (see the "Contacts" section).
Contact us by email: [email protected].